Re: gnome

On 27, jul, 2000 at 09:59:25 -0700, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 03:17:59PM +0000, Christopher Clark wrote:
> > As user chris I have an .xsession as follows:
> > #!/bin/sh
> > panel &
> > gmc &
> > #exec sawmill
> > gnome-session
> > which seems to work ( potato cycle 1 )
> > but hangs on exit with no 'save etc window'
>
> Hmm, not sure what the problem is, but to jump start GNOME in the past,
> I've used:
>
> #! /bin/sh
> xterm &
> exec gnome-session
>
> Then from the xterm, I started a window manager, panel and gmc (if you
> like). Check the gnome-control-center to see what it says about the
> window manager, gmc and panel.  They all should be set for
> restart/recycle or some such.

That is tha hard way to do it, you should only need to start a
gnome-session, and the you can add and delete start-up programs from
gnomecc session capplet. By default panel, gmc and a few other things
should start up, and I think something is broken if it doesn't.

Just my .02 euro

	Morten

--
UNIX, reach out and grep someone!