Re: 3c90x woes

Raphael Crawford-Marks wrote:

> I've installed Potato on a machine with a 3c905c-TXM PCI card.  I tried to
> get it to work with the 3c59x module, to no avail.  Downloaded 3com's 3c90x
> driver from their site, but couldn't figure out what to do with it (their
> readme said to run install3c90x, a file that was not included in the .tar.gz
> available for download on their site).
>
> Is there a way to get my card to work with the 3c59x module?  If not, does
> anyone have a precompiled 3c90x module for the 2.2.14 kernel?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raphael
>
> --

I have goten your card to work succesfully i have a compile 2.2.15 version what i had
to do i believe is edit teh compile_UP file :

/////////////////////////////
gcc -c 3c90x.c -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer \
-fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -malign-loops=2 \
-malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -DCPU=486 \
-DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include
////////////////////////////////
then i did a ./compile_UP  and it made a 3c90x.o file i copied that into
lib/modules/2.2.15/net
and i made a file inside one of the moduls.conf files i cant remeber but you can test
your install by insmod 3c509x.o ithinki had some module option problems too.
begin:vcard
n:Bardin;Jon
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1