Re: Tape backup software?

>>>>> "Kelly" == Kelly Corbin <kcorbin@theiqgroup.com> writes:

Kelly> Has anyone had much experience w/ tape backup in Linux?  I am
Kelly> looking for tape backup software and was wondering if anyone
Kelly> knew which was the "best".  Any input would be appreciated.  It
Kelly> would be for an ATAPI tape backup drive.  THANKS!

Lots of other people already wrote about the software.  I'll only warn
about ATAPI.  I could not get my drive (HP/Colorado 5000) to work
reliably.  It would seem to work for a while but then start failing
mysteriously in the middle of a tape, always nearly at the same spot
(and the tapes were OK, I'm sure of it).  I got the source for the
last version of the driver and compiled it, it didn't help.

Then I bought the cheapest SCSI drive I could find and it works
perfectly.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
In his own soul a man bears the source