Re: mail problems

	Subject: mail problems
	Date: Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 07:58:44PM +0930

Quoting David Purton(dcpurton@smug.adelaide.edu.au):
> I emailed about this a couple of days ago, and still haven't managed to solve
> the problem, so I thought I'd try again
>
> I'm running exim, pine and potato on a dialup machine.
>
> I want to my actual email address to be attached to messages on the way out
> and have put a line in /etc/email-addresses to do this.

  This is from a Slink system but I don't think it matters.

  I have in /etc/email-addresses
  wtopa:  wtopa@dmcom.net

  then in /etc/exim.conf REWRITE CONFIGURATION section (at the end)

   *@mtntop.home  ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses} {$value}fail} bcfrF

See /usr/doc/exim/spec.txt.gz for more info

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

--
In a few minutes a computer can make a mistake so great that it would
take many men many months to equal it.