mail problems

I emailed about this a couple of days ago, and still haven't managed to solve
the problem, so I thought I'd try again

I'm running exim, pine and potato on a dialup machine.

I want to my actual email address to be attached to messages on the way out
and have put a line in /etc/email-addresses to do this.

this seems to work, with the following problems:
when I send mail to my other accounts and read it with pine, in the index
section the from field contains To: me@myisp rather than who the mail is
from.  I appears to be ok when I actually open the mail says FROM correct
address, but when I reply to it, I just end up replying to myself, not the
originating address.

any ideas?

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

dcpurton@smug.adelaide.edu.au