Bogus BogoMips with new kernel?

Hello,

I recently (this weekend) reïnstalled potato on a laptop, pentium 120,
which used to have a couple of months old version of potato on it. It used
to have a bogomips rating of about 48, if I remember correctly. Now,
suddenly, with the default kernel (2.2.17...pre6 somethingorother, it used
to run 2.2.13, I think, or something around there), I get a bogomips
rating of 240! This certainly looks bogus to me. Any ideas?

Please ensure that replies are cc'ed to me (hugo@mailroom.com), as I
cannot handle all the traffic on debian-user <g> (I rather go for
debian-laptop).

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe