Re: Blowfish

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 04:02:13PM -0700, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> 	I have a OpenBSD machine that I have to pass all the accounts to a new
> box running Linux (Debian).
> 	I used the command newusers, but the passwords at OpenBSD are stored
> using blowfish. Anyone knows how install Blowfish at Linux?

I don't _know_ about Linux, but it might be possible, but nontrivial.

In OpenBSD you do have a chioce with the algorithm you use, blowfish is
just the default. I think MD5 is also one of the chioces, and I think
you can edit the adduser script/adduser.conf for that.

Another thing that occurs to me is that there is a way to transfer
passwords from Linux to OpenBSD, it's in the FAQ, take a look at that,
it might help you.