Re: staroffice

Ethan Pierce wrote:

> I thought it was an easy get...a full featured office suite for free...you
> cant beat that...it took me about 10 minutes to dload it...sun has a fast
> site...the only pain is you have to register once :)

		The registration is a PITA, and they provide no help when an
internet connection goes bad, you have to start the download all over
again.  They don't allow ftp access which would have allowed me to
"resume" the download.  The only other option was special plugins for
IE/Netscape browsers, but only Windoze versions.  I had to download
the thing using the multiple files:  10 megabytes at a time.
	And I don't even want to know what kind of internet connection you
have that allows a 100 megabyte download in 10 minutes.  :-)

--
"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." - Voltaire

Ed C.