Re: staroffice

Quoth Ed Cogburn,
> 		The registration is a PITA, and they provide no help when an
> internet connection goes bad, you have to start the download all over
> again.  They don't allow ftp access which would have allowed me to
> "resume" the download.  The only other option was special plugins for
> IE/Netscape browsers, but only Windoze versions.  I had to download
> the thing using the multiple files:  10 megabytes at a time.

I have seen SO52 on at least one mirror FTP site (mirror.aarnet.edu.au,
which, I believe, is only accessably to .au's), so there is a good
possibility that you'll also find it on others. This lets you avoid
registration (hey, it's free anyway), and also may allow you to resume.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony

- Running Debian GNU/Linux: Doing my bit for World Domination (tm) -