Re: Help with configuring X Server

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Patrick J Draper wrote:

> I have gone through a Debian 2.1 installation, installed X Windows (X1186R6)
> and am now having extreme difficulty configuring and starting an X Server.
>
> I go through the graphical XF86Setup program but when I select done and the
> server trys to start I get an error something like
>
> "X11ConnectionUNIX cannot connect errno 111"

I had the same problem long time ago.
In my case it was the font server: XF86Config was configured by default to
use a font server which wasn't properly installed. So check if you installed
xfs and then check if in the file /etc/X11/xfs/config the "no-listen"-line is
commented out! If you change anything of the xfs config you have to restart
(/etc/init.d/xfs reload).

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##