Re: Help with configuring X Server

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Patrick J Draper wrote:

> I go through the graphical XF86Setup program but when I select done and the
> server trys to start I get an error something like
>
> "X11ConnectionUNIX cannot connect errno 111"

Probably the point to start is to find out your videocard type.

There is available even a program, which might find it out. Try a command

'SuperProbe'
as 'root'

Then you have to know about your screen properties.

If you still have got an operating system called 'windblows' (made by m$,
a small company, which invented the hard currency of U$) installed in your
computer, you can find out all the those details from there.

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi