Re: Help with configuring X Server

i usally get a basic x with non-graphical
"xf86config."  i can usaually get x up and running;
although, the font size may be too big, so i tighten it
up with "XF86Setup."  (once you have a working x, you
shouldn't get the dreaded "errno 111." then you should
be able to use "XF86Setup.")

with "xf86config," unless you know your monitor specs
precisely, try conservative values, e.g. "svga," low
video ram, etc.  i even skip the "video card" part (for
some of my funky lapboxes that have windoze-type (read:
no real info) manuals).  (i just use whatever the
default value is.)

...no flaming for this less than "scientific" approach.

hth.

bentley taylor.

//