Re: mysql-server root password

Hello,

> > frodo:~# /usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password blah
> > /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
> > error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)'

had the same problem. My sysadmin possibly raised a password during
installation. So the database constrained it from root using the
password which I didn't know. One possible solution was to reinvoke
the whole procedure with:

> dpkg-reconfigure -plow mysql-server

I have sudo so hopefully you also got it.

> > frodo:~# cat /etc/hosts
> > 127.0.0.1       localhost
> > 216.64.138.18   frodo.nwadv.com         frodo
> > 192.168.1.1     frodo.nwadv.com         frodo

no, this just containes the hosts names in conjunction with an ip.
You don't really need it as it behaves like a simple DNS while your
routing is doing nslookup's.

Never mind !

cu
--