Enlightenment and X

Hello

(Pardon my newbie-ness on this topic)

1) I can get into enlightenment fine; after having executed
enlightenment.install.
I have some basic KDE stuff installed also. Is that necessary?

2) In enlightenment, the screen looks somewhat unclear; it 'flicker'
slightly. How to solve that? This is visible particularly when having
some (white-ish) options pane open.

I have an ATI Rage Pro 8MB card which should be just fine for X /
Enlightenment, right? I mean in terms of performance.

3) Are there any *good* apps that I *need* to have? :)
AFAIS, I just *love* eterm. Great stuff! :)

Thanks in advance
Sven
--
MACINTOSH: Most Applications Crash; If Not, The Operating System Hangs