installation startup problems...

Howdy all!  I'm trying to get Debian installed on my new system.  It is an
800Mhz Athlon on an Asus motherboard.  Anyways, when I try to boot off of
the CD(I have Debian 2.1 CDs from LSL, and a 2.1 CD from the Sams book),
the boot up never finishes.

The line where it stops reads:
md driver 0.36.3 MAX_MD_DEV=4, MAX_REAL=8

Anyone out there have any ideas what might be wrong?

|John E. Holeman                   |                   OSU Computer Science|
|754-3450                          |                OSU Atmospheric Science|
|holemanj@ucs.orst.edu             |holemanj@cs.orst.edu                   |
|www.orst.edu/~holemanj            |jholeman@oce.orst.edu                  |
| Wind in the leaves in the trees outside whispers of moonlight beyond     |
| "Come walk for a while with me - In the dark all your dreams are reality |
| If you want, all your wishes come true, but then, so may your nightmares"|