Re: Remote Apps

Definitely shouldn't work this way. Look in /etc{rcS.d, rc1.d, rc2.d, rc3.d}
and so on to see if they have a symbolic link to /etc/inetd (I think this
is the one you want) called S<X><Y>inetd, where <X>,<Y> are digits.
Then look in /etc/inittab to find out what runlevel you're at
before anyone logs in. (Runlevel k runs scripts in rck.d). See also
/etc/rcS.d/README. Seems to me you're at the wrong runlevel and your
telnet daemon isn't being started. Maybe someone else can give more details,
ask you about what error messages you get, and admonish you about ssh vs.
telnet. For the time being the serial-line-girlfriend-protocol seems pretty
effective though!
chris