Re: mod-perl+apache showing html code under IE 5.*

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 05:56:18AM -0700, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> 	I made a homepage with mod-perl+apache+libpgperl+postgresl from potato
> packages and tested it under Netscape (Linux). When I showed it for a friend
> with IE 5.* and he hits the back button it show all the source code instead
> of going back a html page.
> 	What can be wrong?
> 	Thanks,		Paulo Henrique

Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, decided to base how IE viewed the files
on extension, not the MIME type the server sends. So if your extension isn't
something recognizable as HTML (like .htm, .html, .cgi, etc), IE won't like
to diplay it.
--
 - Joe "piman" Wreschnig <piman@pfnet.org>
   http://sacredchao.net