Re: New LINUX USER

[ Lost the original mail, so I changed the reply from Suresh ]

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 03:20:47PM +0530, Dhinesh K Kumar wrote:
> hello,
> i have installed Red Hat Linux in my PC. i am finding problems
> in configuring my monitor and Video card. Can u help me in this regard?
> Monitor : Samsung SAMTRON 40Bn
> Video Card : Cirrus Logic 546X (AGP 4 mb)
> I can see a blank screen only after executing startx command.
> Thank u.

I'm a newbie myself too, but can't you use
XF86Setup and/or XF86Config ?

You need the chipset of your videocard (you have it :-) and
you also need the refreshrates of your monitor (you'll find it
in the book of your monitor).

But I don't know if it works with RedHat.

Goodluck

Digital Overdrive

--
Dutch Security Information Network