DVD-Rom Drive

Hello Debian-Users,
  I may have missed the answer to my original question, but I was wondering
if anyone has a DVD-Rom player working with  Debian.  I look to the Debian
Support page and they stated that there was a court case from Microsoft/Apple
with DeCSS and DVD formats.  Also, I talked with a friend stating that
he had DVD's playing in Mandrake 7.1.  Could someone please clarify what
the status of Linux support for reading DVD movies is?

Dan

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com