Debian + other distribution (more questions)

Hi again, debianers,

  continuing my questions about two distributions on the samen HD,

     Somebody told me that Debian could use the same swap partition of my
RedHat. So, when I install Debian, should I select it to initialize the
existent swap partition or this will damage my RedHat? How should I proceed if
the answer be of you: "No, don't initialize the existent swap partition!"

                Thanks again,
 Ricardo Gabriel Herdt