Re: user space nfsd?

Can someone enlighten me? The remote machines to which I have access are
all Solaris, not Debian. What is "userspace nfs" and how do I set it up?
Or, where can I get the source for Solaris nfsd and will it work if I'm not
root? Presumably I will need to use some arbitrary non-privileged port;
will Linux mount(8) understand this? -chris