Logitech Mouseman + ps/2

Hi, Im having difficulty getting my mouse to work under X properly...particularly the middle mouse button.  xf86config just plain kills x, but I can get x running with XF86Setup.  The problem is the middle mouse button, what mouse "Server" to use and what device exactly is it running from.

Its a ps/2 mouse and  many have told me to just use mouseman/no emulate/no chord....ive actually tried them all but cannot for the life of me get the middle paste button to work.  I guess my options of port are /dev/mouse /dev/psaux or /dev/gpmdata??

If anyone has any ideas, or better yet if you have this mouse...could you send me the lines from XF86Config that tell X how to handle the mouse?

Thanks -Ethan