Re: Samba Headache

include your smb.conf with a report like this and include settings from
file/print sharing on the win98 box.

nate

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Jay Kelly wrote:

neutec >Hello All,
neutec >Well Im still working on getting samba to work with Windows 98. I have
neutec >configured the smb.conf to share my home directory on the linux box.
neutec >Then I open Network Neighorhood in windows and can see the linux box.
neutec >I then try to Map a drive on the linux box and get a error. Windows
neutec >pops up a dialog box saying:" \\Neutec is not accessible
neutec >The computer or sharname could not be found. Make sure you typed it
neutec >correctly, and try again" Now when I change the Window Primary Network
neutec >Logon from Windows Logon to anything else I can no longer see the Linux box.
neutec >This cant be that hard, what am I doing wrong ? I tried to install
neutec >Swat but I couldnt get it to work as well, I was received a error
neutec >connection refused.
neutec >Thanks for you help guys
neutec >
neutec >settings to log
neutec >--
neutec >
neutec >It feels so good, It's a marginal risk, when I clear off windows with fdisk
neutec >
neutec >Powered by Debian GNU/Linux.
neutec >http://www.debian.org
neutec >
neutec >
neutec >
neutec >--
neutec >Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe debian-user-request@lists.debian.org < /dev/null
neutec >

:::
http://www.aphroland.org/
http://www.linuxpowered.net/
aphro@aphroland.org
4:24pm up 28 days, 2:58, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.06, 0.01