Re: Setting up network

maynord wrote:
<snip>
> Also, I often find it necessary to use ctrl-alt-f1 to open a virtual
> terminal and do some work.  I can never get back to the Gnome desktop.
> Any way to do that without shutting down X?

You should be able to switch back to X by hitting alt-f7 (presuming you've
not enabled more VT's than what comes stock).  Having said that, is there a
particular reason you don't just use an xterm (or rxvt or eterm or ...)?
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
                              |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"
'91 GS500E                    |
Morgantown WV                 |  Only dead fish go with the flow.