[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Looking for a package, but don't know what to call it

Hiya folks.  Got a bit of a question - not exactly sure how to phrase this
so please try and bear with me.

At the university I attend, the CS department has a central server named
naur.  There are CS labs scattered around the university, including some
across town.  Now, from any of those labs when you logon, you basically get
connected automatically to naur.  All of the account info is (I presume)
stored on naur as well.

What I'm wondering is:
1) What's this sytem called?
2) Is this doable with Linux? (I'm guessing it is)
3) Is this doable with Debian using regular packages that are apt-getable?

I've got my desktop box here that I want to make the server for this. 
Various other boxes will be the clients, starting with my laptop.

I'm sorry to ask such a vague question.  I'd go search myself, but I don't
know where to start.  If I could get even just the name of this system,
that'd be a huge help - at least I'd know what to search on. ::grin::
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
                              |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"
'91 GS500E                    |
Morgantown WV                 |  Only dead fish go with the flow.

Reply to: