Re: SSL for smtp & pop

Robert Varga wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:
>
> > > Q.2/ Do Outlook Express 5.0 onwards & Netscape 4.6 onwards offer SSL
> > > support for both pop & smtp?  If they do not, any other mail clients do?
> >
> > Netscape 4.6 does support secure pop-3 and smtp. I haven't tried the secure smtp
> > before but I have used pop-3 over ssl and can testify that it works.
>
> How can you enable POP3-SSL in Netscape Messenger? I haven't been able to
> find a setting related to that, only related to TLS and SMTP-SSL...
>
> I have tried Communicator 4.7 on NT4.0.

You know, I created a profile to try this myself and sure enough you're right, there's
no option to enable secure POP-3. I could've sworn I used to use secure POP3 with
netscape (now I just use IMAP) but I guess I must not have. Sorry for the
disinformation. Eudora probably does support it if that's an option.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen@cmgisolutions.com