RE: Major Network Issues

First of all, I would go to base connection issues.  Turn off/ignore any
local networking issues for the box you are trying to connect to road
runner.  With road runner, I use 'pump' from potato, it really works slick.
It will overwrite any existing routing for the interface it uses.  To that
end, since pump will overwrite your existing routing, AFAIK you have two
alternatives 1) use a second NIC for the internal network (potentially messy
if you have internet direct clients talking to non-internet clients) or 2)
(re)compile your kernel to add multiple ip support per interface (messier
IMHO).  Hope this help you in the right direction.

Brooks