Re: kernel 2.2.17 boot disk prob! (HELP!)

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 22:07, Sven Burgener wrote:

> What I'm looking for is a way of creating a boot disk like the one I
> created when installing debian initially.

Do you still have that disk? There is a file on there named linux.
Delete it and replace it with a copy of /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.17.

> That boot disk says "SYSLINUX..." when it is started. This type of boot
> disk works fine with my IDE disk which isn't detected by my ugly BIOS.

If you don't still have the disk, boot your rescue disk (just like you
were going to do a fresh install), select a keyboard, activate your
swap partition, mount your linux partition(s), and then select "Make a
bootable floppy" from the menu.

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\