network problems running frozen on alpha

I just upgraded to the frozen version of the alpha dist on my Jensen and am having network problems. I can no longer ping from or to the machine.

Attempting to ping from the alpha, I get the following:

ping: sendto: Operation not permitted

for each packet it attempts to send.

There are no broken packages.  I am still running a 2.0 kernel.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Geoff Mitchell
Geoff Mitchell                                     geoff_mitchell@bigfoot.com
"I think your flesh is separated from the sins it commits and that explains
why you smile while you balance on your stack of regrets." -- Brainiac
http://www.bigfoot.com/~geoff_mitchell