Re: qpopper problmes help!

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 05:18:02PM -0700, Nick wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> i am using qpopper as my pop-3 server and when i try to login from a remote
> machine
> i get the following error in xconsole:
> in.qpopper (v2.53) Unable to get canonical name of client, err = 0
>
> how do i configure qpopper to accept connections?

the connection is not really being rejected i don't think, that is
just a warning that it was unable to find a hostname to go with the
connecting IP address.

i am getting those warning in my logs as well but qpopper is not
rejecting the connection.

to get rid of the warnings you should add hostnames to your
*.in-addr-arpa files of your name server.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/