RE: sawmill is a herring bone screen

I have the same problem with sawmill.  Nothing but that herringbone
screen.  I wanted to leave KDE only because it is getting to be a
huge memory hog.  I have tried other desktop environments/wm's
including Gnome-icewm and now Windowmaker. Enlightenment looks nice,
but I had gone back to KDE after trying it. I think I will stick with
Windowmaker, but I have to switch to gnome-icewm or icewm in order to
use XFMail.  Fortunately, switching between them is very easy and
graceful.

--
Andrew