Re: rpm's

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 05:24:02PM -0500, Pete Chudykowski wrote:

> 1.  For some reason the package didn't contain ftpd.  Where can I find a
> .deb binary?

Use apt-get for installing packages on your system. Use it also to keep
your system up-to-date. (-> man apt-get)

To install ftpd, run "apt-get install ftpd" and that should be fine.
(Run "apt-get update" before though; this is for fetching infos on
available packages)

> 2.  Is there a way to make debian understand rpm's?  If so, where can I
> find info on how to do it?

Use alien for that. (apt-get install alien) You can convert between rpms,
debs and tgz packages.

Good luck!

HTH
--