Re: FTP server and security

hi ya jay...

to enable anonymous user access to your server...
just remove "real" from the list  in /etc/ftpaccess
( real users ( people) won't be able to login..
( and play with the /etc/ftp* files to get what you looking for..

there are owner/group permissions and uid/gid that need to be
checked to minimize ftp problems..... there was a site that had
 a list of stuff to check...stuff like "touch ~ftp/{.rhosts,.forward,
etc}"

if you want secure ftp ....( encrypted sessions/passwds )..
i'd use sftpd/sftp instead from the ssh2 package...
donno of any other secure ftp...

have fun
alvin