Re: Eumongoid lastlog file

Bob,

Is it possible you have an application like qmail which Debian requires
to have exceptionally high numbered UID's? Like say upwards of 65000?
/etc/passwd will show you your UID range.

In any event, lastlog 'logs' over your entire range of UID's from the
lowest to the highest _including_ all_the_gaps. And the ls -l command
reports all that air. The du -k command however accurately reports how
much disk space in Kb's /var/log/lastlog actually writes to,
_mit_out_der_gaps.

As I say, this can win you beers and other small wagers.

montefin