muttzilla -- bus error -- help building libc5 MZ from sources?

I just installed muttzilla, and am finding Netscape terminates with a
bus error.  The muttzilla docs include a README.Debian which says:

    This package is compiled against libc6. This has the effect that it
    only works with a libc6 version of Netscape.  The author has this
    to say:

    -- snip --
    Apr 11: I finally found out what is up with Debian. They ship a libc5
    Netscape, but glibc2 devel tools. To get muttzilla to work on Debian
    you either need to build a libc5 based muttzilla or install a glibc2
    based Netscape. I'll try to put up some more thorough documentation
    RSN, but if you want more details e-mail me and I'll forward you
    the message I received which explains this.
    -- snip --

    The next version of this package will include a libc5 package and a
    libc6 version - unfortunately the dependencies cannot be done accurately
    so it will be up to _you_ to install the correct one.

Anyone got a step-by-step on building a libc5 muttzilla from sources?
TIA.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>         http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
  Evangelist, Opensales, Inc.                       http://www.opensales.org