Re: Bash script question (was: Re: Netscape 4.73 wrapper broken)

Peter Kovacs [kovacsp@knowpost.com] wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>
> > I'm sure that a fix has already been posted, but this works for me
> > (replace the code above with this):
> >
> >         for d in /usr/lib/netscape/base-4/wrapper.d ; do
> >                 cd $d;
> >                 for f in `find -maxdepth 1 -type f`; do
> >                         . $d/$f
> >                 done
> >         done
>
> Wow.  I just realized how incredibly incorrect the code is.  Well, it
> works for me.  YMMV though.  I'd wait for an official fix, or fix it
> yourself if the above doesn't work.

What does "YMMV" stand for?

An official fix has come through, and what it does is replace

	for f in (cd.....

by

	for f in $(cd....

It seems to work sort of, but I don't understand why!

And what is the ". $d/$f" supposed to do??

Cheers,

Mark.

--