Re: PHP4 & Apache

"Dr. Orange" <alonsos1@gusun.georgetown.edu> writes:

> I just installed php4. Having restarted apache i connect to the site with
> my browser and it indicates that i've started a file of type
> "application/x-httpd-php3"
> The index of the server is a php doc, and therefore the mime msg makes
> sense. but I can't seem to find the problem, commenting the php4 module
> doesn't seem to work.

PHP4 handles documents of type application/x-httpd-php only, not
application/x-httpd-php3. You need to tell apache that files ending in
.php3 are of type application/x-hhtpd-php not php3, try this in your
apache config file

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

instead of any previous type references ...

Lee
--
+---------------"PlusNet  - The smarter way to Internet"----------------