Re: NIC problem w/ de4x5 for DLINK PCI, missing "lspci"

Thanks,

I do have it installed, but at boot still reports not found, and a locate does not find it.

I am running Debian 2.1r4, but it reports 2.0.36, so perhaps I need a newer kernel?

[how to get it?]

I am surprised that if lspci is needed at boot, the kernel (or system) does not have it, how did I get such an inconsistent configuration?

Thanks for the help, I find that the many steps to get a new install to just work with "little" issues like this is a major source of time spent on Debian for me. Most all of them end up being configuration /version problems. This is a clean install, by the book, but it fails for a missing component, which requires a newer kernel, thus source and make, and ...

Gregory