Re: xisp and kppp and gnome-ppp and ...

* "Alberto" == Alberto Meroni <caeyme@vivoscuola.it> wrote:

Alberto> Here is the log file generated by plog. It seem that the
Alberto> problem is with authentication,

Yes.

Alberto> I noticed that as user caeyme I cannot read and execute
Alberto> /etc/ppp. Maybe xisp shold be set user id ?

pppd itself is setuid root. Or it should be.

$ ls -l /usr/sbin/pppd
-rwsr-x---    1 root     dip        183504 Apr  4 09:52 /usr/sbin/pppd*

Furthermore, I don't think using pon and poff as the user would work in this case.

The /etc/ppp and /etc/ppp/peers directories should be readable by
group dip. pap-secrets is mode 600. Are you sure you selected pap
authentication in xisp?

Ciao,
        Martin

PS: Your From address bounces.