RE: Co-dependency conflict

Hi,

Please excuse my extreme ignorance.

I am running SLINK and wanted to upgrade to these very packages.
At the debian web site I find that they are not listed in stable.
I have always assumed that stable is SLINK, frozen is potatoe and so on.

Will packages listed in frozen and unstable run on SLINK? I have always
assumed that this was not recommended and have been waiting patiently
for potatoe to become stable.

I am only interested in upgrading these two packages. Nothing else
is of interest.

Regards ...