Re: parted bug.. dumpe2fks?

Joseph de los Santos <jhou@info.com.ph> wrote:

> Recently I wanted to resize my partition and I was trying to use parted. I
> booted in single user, then unmounted my root partition (since that is what I
> want to resize) then executed parted. When I wanted to check the filesystem to
> resize it, parted told me I had found a bug and should use dumpe2fs on the
> filesystem and send it to bug-report. Now my question is how do I do that? I
> mean use dumpe2fs to a text file then send the text file to bug-report?

Do I understand your question right in that you don't know how to get
the output of dumpe2fs into a file?  If so, use the following command
as root:

$ dumpe2fs /dev/xxx > dumpe2fs.txt

The `>' redirects the output of any command into the specified file.

If your problem is something different, please explain :)

Regards,
Lars