Re: Loading X w/only netscape

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 07:16:27PM -0700, nate@firetrail.com wrote:
> I would like to setup an account on my system..
>
> but when a user logs in (via KDM) if possible i don't want it to load a
> windowmanager and all i want it to load is netscape, also i want it to log
> back out when netscape exits.. is this possible?

Hi,

I just tried this and it worked for me . . . you don't need a window
manager, just netscape on X.  I'm using "startx" not kdm, but it
probably works similarly.  You don't get a border, so you can't resize,
but netscape fills 90% of my 1024x768 screen.  With a few extra commands
you can probably make it just right.  Well, it's a thought . . .

========= my .xinitrc =========
#!/bin/sh
. /etc/X11/Xsession

========= my .xsession ========
#!/bin/sh
xinit $HOME/.xinitrc -- -auth $HOME.Xauthority &
#commented this out! fvwm2
netscape

--

Thank you,