Re: please help test debian frozen

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 17:40:46 -0700, Joey Hess wrote:

> And of course, it is much more up-to-date, with many enhancements,
> additions, and bugfixes. At this point, in my opinion, there is no reason
> to use Debian stable except for absolutely mission critical applications.
> For exerything else, frozen is a great choice. (Put stable on your mars
> lander; use frozen in mission control ;-).

I would like to upgrade to potato in order to help the testing. However,
I would like to have some sort of list of packages upgrades which have
major inpact on their functionallity. I recall that in the hamm -> slink
upgrade, some packages had different configuration files and did not
work at all after the upgrade, without severe research from my part
(sendmail and samba remain in my mind...).

Does such a list exists which I can hold against the output of:

  apt-get -s dist-update

Thanks a lot!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>