Re: IPC

Parrish M Myers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what standard Linux/Debian conformes
> to in regardes to IPC?

AFAIK, Linux developers attempt to conform to the POSIX standard.

> I recently picked up W. Richard Stevens boot: Unix Network
> Programming Volume 2 [Interprocess Communications].  None of the
> programs inclded with the book will compile on either Debian or
> Redhat.

What errors do you get?  xxxxx not resolved?  check your -lwhatever,
find out by 'man xxxxx', if you have the devel docs packages installed.

>  From what I understand Linux doesn't even conform to Posix1.

AFAIK, Linux doesn't conform to the POSIX standard concerning threads,
but is elsewise...

Have you check www.linuxdoc.org ?