Re: IPC

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Parrish M Myers wrote:

> Does anyone know what standard Linux/Debian conformes to in regardes
> to IPC?  I recently picked up W. Richard Stevens boot: Unix Network
> Programming Volume 2 [Interprocess Communications].  None of the
> programs inclded with the book will compile on either Debian or
> Redhat.

You can use UNIX domain sockets and the System V IPC (shmget, shmctl,
etc.)

It's likely that the problem is some sort of header or linking problem,
these things differ from one UNIX platform to another.  What errors are
you getting when you try to compile the sample programs?

>  From what I understand Linux doesn't even conform to Posix1.

Linux is more POSIX compliant than anything except the standards book. :}