glibc libs

I am trying to compile and install the glibc libraries
on my Linux machine. I am including threads and crypt
libs. I get past the configure script w/o problems, but
when compiling i get the following:

connections.c: In function `handle_request':
connections.c:353: `SO_PEERCRED' undeclared (first use in this function)
connections.c:353: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
connections.c:353: for each function it appears in.)
connections.c: In function `nscd_run':
connections.c:442: `SO_PEERCRED' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [connections.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/glibc-2.1.3/nscd'
make: *** [nscd/others] Error 2

has anyone seen this or know what to do? I am installing
it so that MySQL will work. BTW it is glibc v2.1.3

Thanx

Wes

Wesley A. Wannemacher
Instructor, Network Administrator