Re: folders and mutt

On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 11:25:43PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> Put all your mail somewhere like a ~/mail directory; then tell procmail
> (or an exim filter) to put inbox mail in ~/mail/inbox, and your other
> folders are stored as files in ~/mail. You can subdivide folders into
> groups by using subdirectories.

Done so. I also added the following to my .procmailrc:

DEFAULT=$HOME/Mail/mbox

This way, my $MAIL file is never greater than 0 bytes -> all mail gets
moved out of there. Now, as mutt reads $MAIL by default, I would like
to know how to change this behaviour. I tried zgrep'ing /usr/dox/mutt
for this, but have not found anything. ($MAIL is /var/spool/mail/svn)

I dont want to *not* use procmail's DEFAULT as my default inbox is
~/Mail/mbox and not ~/mbox as mutt suggests. (Even if I did use ~/mbox,
I'd still have to press 'y' instead of just hitting Enter which
is annoying :))

> 'c' in mutt changes from one folder to another. Have a look at the
> 'mailboxes' .muttrc command to designate several folders as ones in
> which you expect to receive incoming mail, then hitting 'c' will select
> the next folder with new mail by default.

For this, I have the following in my .muttrc:

mailboxes $HOME/Mail/mbox
mailboxes $HOME/Mail/debian-user
mailboxes $HOME/Mail/debian-isp
mailboxes $HOME/Mail/debian-firewall
mailboxes $HOME/Mail/debian-user-de

Funnily tho, when hitting <TAB>, I get a "listing" of the _directory_
~/Mail. This way I also see my procmail logfile which I don't want to
see when I browse through my mails; besides I didn't add it to my
mailboxes in .muttrc...
Isn't this weird or am I just doing something fundamentally wrong here? :)

I get to like mutt more and more every day.

TIA
Sven