Re: Non-OpenGL online games for Linux?

>Bart Szyszka <bart@gigabee.com> wrote on 12/06/2000 (18:36) :
>> I'm having trouble finding some action/adventure games for
>> Linux that don't require an OpenGL-able graphics card where
>> I could play against at least one other person online. Can
>> anyone recommend any?

Browse through the "games" sections in dselect's list of packages.
Most of the games don't require much graphics hardware, and some are
multiplayer in one way or another.

Some "real-time" multiplayer games are xpilot, xevil, xarchon and
spellcast. xpilot has very good support for online play, but I'm not
sure about the others. Many older Unix games are multiplayer by
opening windows on multiple X displays; but this isn't very safe and
probably generates too much network traffic for a dialup connection.

Try xpilot, if you like that kind of game...

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@lloke.dna.fi