anyone using xosview?

I have just installed xosview and can not get it to work.

I am running slink with some packages upgraded to potato (but I have not
upgraded glibc).  The install seemed to go fine using apt-get.  The messages say
that it was downloaded, unpacked and configured.  When I try to run the
program, however, using:

        xosview &

from an xterm I get nothing.  If I run top it shows that xosview is running
(stat 'R') but nothing shows on the display.  The menu of active applications
in fvwm does not show xosview, either.  I get the exact same results if I try
to start xosview from fvwm's GoodStuff.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Marc Shapiro                             http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_shapiro/
 -- Linux IS user-friendly.  It is just picky about who its friends are.