Re: Upgrading Storm (slink) to Potato

"voy1d" <voy1d@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> The fact that the commands are different, for example bitchx instead
> of
> BitchX and everything I foudn was out of date.
> voy1d

Have you used Debian? Storm *is* Debian with a few extras. Someone who
is used to Debian could use a Storm system and not be aware he/she was
using Storm as opposed to Linux. All the apps, apart from a few extras,
are *Debian* apps and come from the same sources you'd go to if you had
a Debian system.

The commands may be different to, say, RedHat, but they are certainly
the same in Storm as they are in Debian. No difference.

You say 'everything was out of date' - Storm is Debian Slink. Slink is
the current Debian version. Debian tends to not release a new
distribution until the developers are convinced there are no bugs. Hence
it tends to lag behing other distributions. BUT you have the option at
the moment of upgrading Storm (or Debian) to the frozen distribution
(Potato) which will soon be released, or to the bleeding-edge, very
up-to-date Woody. I am using Woody and all the apps I use are very up to
date. So there we are, a bleeding edge Storm Linux. The choice is yours.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux 2000